Welcome to Integral Wisdom Qigong and Tai Chi
“If you want to be healthy
and live to 100, do Qigong…
Qigong reverses the aging process”
- Dr. Mehmet Oz on the Oprah Winfrey show
Practiced by millions of people… Qigong, pronounced “chee gong,” and Tai Chi strengthen your body and build energy using breath, movement, and mental intent.
Qigong and Tai Chi are the self-care component of China’s age-old health care system. The word Qigong means “cultivating energy.” Qigong is practiced for health maintenance, self-healing and increasing vitality. Qigong enhances the body’s innate anti-aging capabilities. There are thousands of styles of Qigong practices including martial arts, medical, and religious/philosophy based forms. All styles have three things in common: physical postures, breathing techniques, and focused intention. Qigong methods are used to activate our body’s innate self-healing energy.
Stress is a major contributor to ill-health.
“More than 60 percent of visits to physicians in the United States are due to stress-related problems, most of which are poorly treated by drugs, surgery, or other medical procedures“ – Herbert Benson, MD
Qigong, Tai Chi and other mind-body methods reduce stress. Please join a class!
- Outline of a qigong classQigong and Tai Chi Healing Forms for increasing vitality and for health enhancement…easy to learn and to implement in one’s life. Regular practice can help reduce stress, build endurance, increase vitality, and aid in warding off illness. You learn valuable self-care skills that, with diligent practice, will benefit you for many years. Qigong is like “Miracle-Gro” ...
- Qigong Classes and WorkshopsQigong and Tai Chi combine movement, breath and focused mental intent to maximize one’s innate ability for self-healing, increased vitality, and inner calm. These practices quickly benefit one in mind, body and spirit. Regular practice may reduce stress, build endurance, increase vitality, stimulate self-healing, and aid in warding off illness. I invite you to experience the positive benefits of breath, ...
- Qigong in BurbankLife hard? Tai Chi EASY Qigong! Join us for Qigong/Tai Chi at the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center. This is an opportunity for self-healing of Body – Mind – Spirit. Learn to use mind, breath, and movement to create your own personal medicine. “Medication in motion…” The fee for this group class is $8.00 per person. ...
- Qigong in Garfield Park, South PasadenaLife hard? Tai Chi EASY Qigong! Join us for Qigong/Tai Chi in Garfield Park (South Pasadena). Saturdays at 9am This is an opportunity for self-healing of Body – Mind – Spirit. Learn to use mind, breath, and movement to create your own personal medicine. “medication in motion” Regular practice can reduce stress, build endurance, increase vitality, stimulate self-healing, and ...
South Pasadena Schedule:
Mark Melchiorre is available available by appointment for acupuncture, reiki, or medical qigong in South Pasadena on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I teach an ongoing group Qigong/Tai Chi class on Saturday at 9:00am.
Private lessons are scheduled in South Pasadena by appointment. The fee per hour is $75.00 for one person, $65.00 each for two, $55.00 each for three, $45.00 each for four or more. Please contact me if you are interested in private instruction.
On Wednesdays Mark offers acupuncture and private qigong sessions from 9am to 4pm and teaches a group Qigong/Tai Chi class from 5:30 to 6:30pm at the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center in Burbank. The Center is at 181 S. Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91506. Please call 818-748-4701 to schedule a session or enroll in class.
Forms taught include Vitality Method (Bu Zheng Qigong,) Seven Precious Gestures, Nine Phases, Six Healing Sounds, Marrow Washing, Tendon Changing, and Tai Chi Easy™ from Roger Jahnke and the Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi (IIQTC); Zhineng/Chilel/Wisdom Qigong from Pang Ming Laoshi; Yin/Yang Medical Qigong, 17 Step Stationary Tai Chi from Grandmaster Jiang Jianye’s Health Preservation series; standing and sitting meditations; Reiki Treatments, Qigong Walking Forms including Tai Chi Walking and Guo Lin Qigong Walking.